Neuron ESB User Network

The Service Bus for the Connected Business

I am working through examples found in NeuronWebServices, and one of the processes is supposed to send a service request to the GetData(int value) method of my WCF service.

the call is being made, and returning to the process, however I cannot get the value of the parameter to flow through.  When I leave it defined as an int, the call to GetData is simply ignored.  If I change the WCF service to GetData(string value), then the call is successfully made, but an empty string is passed as the parameter.

How do I set the value of the parameter in the Neuron process?

The name of the process I am working through is called Facade?

Also, both the GetData() and the EchoRequest() methods in this example return a result.  How do I inspect the result returned in the Facade process?

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I figured out the return...

context.Properties.Add("result1",context.Data.ToXml());

This seems to give me access to the results from the service call. Now I only need to know how to pass in parameters to this service call...
The process has a transform element to transform my test message into the format needed for the WCF service call. A trace reveals this is the format of the message immediately preceding the publish

However, when inspecting the WCF message body that is actually sent to the WCF service
var x = OperationContext.Current.RequestContext.RequestMessage;
string body = x.ToString();

The output of the Body element is:

Id=\"_0\">\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n

If i use the WCF test client to set the value to 1234, and then send it via the WCF test client, the Body element contains:

\r\n \r\n 1234\r\n \r\n

The "value" parameter is coming across as empty when sent from Neuron, but works perfectly fine when sent from the WCF service.

Somebody please assist me...
The process has a transform element to transform my test message into the format needed for the WCF service call. A trace reveals this is the format of the message immediately preceding the publish

However, when inspecting the WCF message body that is actually sent to the WCF service
var x = OperationContext.Current.RequestContext.RequestMessage;
string body = x.ToString();

The output of the Body element is:

Body u:
Id=\"_0\">\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
Body

If i use the WCF test client to set the value to 1234, and then send it via the WCF test client, the Body element contains:

Body u:Id=\"_0\">\r\n \r\n 1234\r\n \r\n
Body

The "value" parameter is coming across as empty when sent from Neuron, but works perfectly fine when sent from the WCF service.

Somebody please assist me...
The xml being inserted is being escaped and ruining my example. Cannot figure out how to fixe it. Lovely

Hi David,

I'm going to forward the thread to Joe, who wrote the sample.  He should be able to respond to this for you.

RSS

Neuron ESB Product Support Forums and Communities

Latest Activity

Anupama Nair posted a discussion

Marketo Adapter Invalid Token

Hi,We are using the Marketo adapter to push account updates to Marketo. It works well for some time then starts failing with Invalid Token unless restarted. Is there a configuration that can be done so it can auto refresh the token when required?Thanks!See More
Nov 6, 2023
Sayantini Basak posted a discussion

Maximum payload size(REST API) for requests interfacing to NeuronESB

I am new to Neuron ESB and in our current scenario,We need to process batch transactions comprising of ~1000 records and send them to Neuron ESB for further processing. I would like to understand what is the maximum size of payload that can be transferred using REST interface to Neuron ESB.See More
Jul 22, 2022
Profile IconRobert E Dunie and Sayantini Basak joined Neuron ESB User Network
Apr 28, 2022
Profile IconDayanand, Frederic C, Steffen Greve-Oksfeldt and 1 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Mar 16, 2022
Profile IconCam Vong and Mitja Luznar joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jan 27, 2022
Profile IconWill Hitzges, Chad Parsons, michael larsen and 4 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jun 11, 2021
Anupama Nair posted a discussion

ODBC stored proc polling with temporary tables

We have set up an ODBC adapter to poll a stored proc.We found that if the stored proc has a temporary table defined the rows returned are always 0.Any idea why this would be and what we can do to get around it?See More
Dec 14, 2020
Prasanth Kharade is now a member of Neuron ESB User Network
Dec 30, 2019

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Neuron Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service