The Service Bus for the Connected Business

Hi

I am new to Neuron ESB and I am practising the

Neuron Web Services resource material.

I am having issues with the

ServiceFacade and I am getting the below error:

Test Name: TestMethod1

Test FullName: Tests.UnitTest1.TestMethod1

Test Source: c:\Users\kv\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\ServiceFacade\Tests\UnitTest1.cs : line 13

Test Outcome: Failed

Test Duration: 0:00:00.1025369

Result Message:

Test method Tests.UnitTest1.TestMethod1 threw exception:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost/facade that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Result StackTrace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Order.IOrder.PlaceOrder(OrderRequest request)

at Tests.UnitTest1.TestMethod1() in c:\Users\kv\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\ServiceFacade\Tests\UnitTest1.cs:line 16

Tags: resources, training

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

This error just tells us that the unit test is unable to reach the Web Service hosted by Neuron.  There are several reasons why this could happen, so here's a list of things to check:

1.  Is the Neuron ESB Service properly configured?  The easiest way to check is to open ESB Explorer (run as an Administrator), and in the top toolbar there is a button labeled "Configure Server".  Click on this and the configure server dialog will open.  Verify that the ESB Configuration Folder is pointing to the folder where the ESB Solution is located.  Once verified, click OK. 

2.  Is the Neuron ESB Service started?  To check, in the same toolbar in ESB Explorer there is a dropdown that will say either Stopped, Starting or Running.  If it says Running. pick the dropdown and select Restart.  If it says Stopped, select Start from the dropdown.

3.  Verify the URL of the client connector the unit test is connecting to.  In ESB Explorer, navigate to Connections->Service Endpoints.  Verify the Orders client connector has the correct URL.

4.  Verify the Client Connector is started.  Navigate to Activity->Endpoint Health and client the Start Monitoring button.  You should see the Orders client connector in the list.  Is it in the Started or Stopped state?

If it's in the Stopped state, it may be that you already have something on your computer that is using port 80 (like IIS).  You could resolve this by changing the URL in the client connector to http://localhost:81/facade (or use some other port).  You'll also have to update this URL in the VS project.

Let me know if these steps help!

Joe

Thanks Joe for your help.

1.Neuron is configured properly. It is pointing to the proper configuration folder.
2.Neuron ESB is started and it is running state.
3. Client connector in service end point url matches with the Unit tests URL.
4. I have checked the end point health , the orders client connector is stopped state and tried to restart , but it is going back to stopped state again.

I have tried to change the port of the client connector both in the Neuron client connector end point and in the unit tests.

Much appreciated for your help.
KV

It's still not working?  When you changed the URL in Neuron, make sure you save the solution (File->Save), and then restart Neuron ESB Service (again - I want you to do this to generate new event log/app log information).

Neuron has it's own event log.  Open the Event Viewer, then navigate to Applications and Services Logs->Neuron ESB v3.  After the restart is completed, try the test again.  Then refresh the event viewer and let me know which errors are there.

Thanks Joe,

Figured out the problem, The ESB instance doesn't have enough privileges to run. giving enough privileges solved the problem.

Adding the Order.dll to GAC , referencing the Order.dll in the process , I am having issues.

Thanks for your help.

FYI, I am using Windows server 2012 R2.

Once again thanks
KV

RSS

Neuron ESB Product Support Forums and Communities

Latest Activity

Anupama Nair posted a discussion

Marketo Adapter Invalid Token

Hi,We are using the Marketo adapter to push account updates to Marketo. It works well for some time then starts failing with Invalid Token unless restarted. Is there a configuration that can be done so it can auto refresh the token when required?Thanks!See More
Nov 6, 2023
Sayantini Basak posted a discussion

Maximum payload size(REST API) for requests interfacing to NeuronESB

I am new to Neuron ESB and in our current scenario,We need to process batch transactions comprising of ~1000 records and send them to Neuron ESB for further processing. I would like to understand what is the maximum size of payload that can be transferred using REST interface to Neuron ESB.See More
Jul 22, 2022
Profile IconRobert E Dunie and Sayantini Basak joined Neuron ESB User Network
Apr 28, 2022
Profile IconDayanand, Frederic C, Steffen Greve-Oksfeldt and 1 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Mar 16, 2022
Profile IconCam Vong and Mitja Luznar joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jan 27, 2022
Profile IconWill Hitzges, Chad Parsons, michael larsen and 4 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jun 11, 2021
Anupama Nair posted a discussion

ODBC stored proc polling with temporary tables

We have set up an ODBC adapter to poll a stored proc.We found that if the stored proc has a temporary table defined the rows returned are always 0.Any idea why this would be and what we can do to get around it?See More
Dec 14, 2020
Prasanth Kharade is now a member of Neuron ESB User Network
Dec 30, 2019

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Neuron Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service