Neuron ESB User Network

The Service Bus for the Connected Business

Hi,

I created a TCP topic to send and receive messages with a subscriber. I specifically avoided MSMQ as the messages are more than 4MB, and RabbitMQ cannot be used due to internal policies of the company.

Also I created Adapter Endpoint with WebSphere MQ Adapter. This setup works fine when my subscriber is active. That is when when there are messages in WebSphere they get delivered to the subscriber.

When the subscriber is offline, the Adapter Endpoint pull the messages from WebSphere and send to the topic. Since it is TCP, it try to send it and discard the message (as I think). When the subscriber comes online it never receive those message pulled out from WebSphere when it was offline, hence those messages are lost.

What is the best way to address this scenario?

Cheers,

Gihan.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only way to solve this is to use either MSMQ or Rabbit MQ based topics since they provide the store and forward.

if you can only use msmq, and the messages are greater than 4MB in size (hopefully not that much bigger.....), then you will have to store and retrieve them before they are published.

for example, create a Business Process in our designer and attach it to the OnPublish event of the publisher.  In the process, you'll intercept the message...if its greater than 4MB, write it out to a folder and then reset the esbmessage so that it just contains the url location of the data that you just wrote out.

Next, create a Business Process in our designer and attach it to the OnReceive event of the subscriber.  In that process, you'll look for whatever meta data you add to our message to determine if the message contains the data...or just the url to the data.  if the url, then within the process, read the data in back into our message and let the process continue.  the original message data will then be forwarded to the adapter endpoint. 

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your reply. 

Is there a way I can create a Business Process, so that when WebSphere MQ adapter pick the message, it first checks the is subscriber available. If not, keep the message (or put back) in WebSphere MQ instead of deleting it from there? That way WebSphere MQ can be used as a store instead of MSMQ. Is this possible in ESB?

Is there any property I can set on WebSphere MQ adapter, so it pick a copy of the messages from WebSphere MQ?

Cheers,

Gihan

RSS

Neuron ESB Product Support Forums and Communities

Latest Activity

Anupama Nair posted a discussion

Marketo Adapter Invalid Token

Hi,We are using the Marketo adapter to push account updates to Marketo. It works well for some time then starts failing with Invalid Token unless restarted. Is there a configuration that can be done so it can auto refresh the token when required?Thanks!See More
Nov 6, 2023
Sayantini Basak posted a discussion

Maximum payload size(REST API) for requests interfacing to NeuronESB

I am new to Neuron ESB and in our current scenario,We need to process batch transactions comprising of ~1000 records and send them to Neuron ESB for further processing. I would like to understand what is the maximum size of payload that can be transferred using REST interface to Neuron ESB.See More
Jul 22, 2022
Profile IconRobert E Dunie and Sayantini Basak joined Neuron ESB User Network
Apr 28, 2022
Profile IconDayanand, Frederic C, Steffen Greve-Oksfeldt and 1 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Mar 16, 2022
Profile IconCam Vong and Mitja Luznar joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jan 27, 2022
Profile IconWill Hitzges, Chad Parsons, michael larsen and 4 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jun 11, 2021
Anupama Nair posted a discussion

ODBC stored proc polling with temporary tables

We have set up an ODBC adapter to poll a stored proc.We found that if the stored proc has a temporary table defined the rows returned are always 0.Any idea why this would be and what we can do to get around it?See More
Dec 14, 2020
Prasanth Kharade is now a member of Neuron ESB User Network
Dec 30, 2019

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Neuron Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service