Neuron ESB User Network

The Service Bus for the Connected Business

Neuron App Servers Sharing Messages Counter to Our Intentions

We have two Neuron Application servers, call them A and B. Both are configured to use a single database, called NeuronAudit. Each have their own RabbitMQ. Frequently, about once a week, messages appear in the RabbitMQ of, for instance Server B that originated on Server A, or vice versa. These messages are destined for workflow endpoints. Since the endpoints on Server A are not the same as on B, this "message crosstalk" causes issues when they appear on the wrong server.

What's the best way to remedy the situation? We want messages that originate on Server A to be processed on Server A, and the same for Server B without exception. My simpleminded solution would be to define a new database, and have each server connected to its own database, but I am not sure.

Tags: queueing

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

check the availability group deployment settings.  if you do not want the workflow endpoint to run on the other server, make sure the other server is marked as a failover and not a primary for the workflow endpoint

Ah yes, I see. This is the config of the Avail group on Server A:Interestingly, on Server B, only itself is listed. In any case, if ...

so....are these running different solutions?  if they were using the same config, both servers would be listed in a deployment group.  but from the picture....it looks like you named your deployment group after maybe a server name?  usually deployment groups are named dev, qa, test, prod, etc.  the deployment group should list ALL the servers that will be running the solution.  when you do that...all the servers for a deployment group would show up here.  basically it looks like the entire deployment configuration is misconfigured....or it was seperated out ...copied for each server, rather than both servers using the same config

feel free and reach out to Steve tomorrow and have him review what your solution looks like.  if I have time...I can jump on as well. Steve can setup a web ex for you.

WIll do

RSS

Neuron ESB Product Support Forums and Communities

Latest Activity

Anupama Nair posted a discussion

Marketo Adapter Invalid Token

Hi,We are using the Marketo adapter to push account updates to Marketo. It works well for some time then starts failing with Invalid Token unless restarted. Is there a configuration that can be done so it can auto refresh the token when required?Thanks!See More
Nov 6, 2023
Sayantini Basak posted a discussion

Maximum payload size(REST API) for requests interfacing to NeuronESB

I am new to Neuron ESB and in our current scenario,We need to process batch transactions comprising of ~1000 records and send them to Neuron ESB for further processing. I would like to understand what is the maximum size of payload that can be transferred using REST interface to Neuron ESB.See More
Jul 22, 2022
Profile IconRobert E Dunie and Sayantini Basak joined Neuron ESB User Network
Apr 28, 2022
Profile IconDayanand, Frederic C, Steffen Greve-Oksfeldt and 1 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Mar 16, 2022
Profile IconCam Vong and Mitja Luznar joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jan 27, 2022
Profile IconWill Hitzges, Chad Parsons, michael larsen and 4 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jun 11, 2021
Anupama Nair posted a discussion

ODBC stored proc polling with temporary tables

We have set up an ODBC adapter to poll a stored proc.We found that if the stored proc has a temporary table defined the rows returned are always 0.Any idea why this would be and what we can do to get around it?See More
Dec 14, 2020
Prasanth Kharade is now a member of Neuron ESB User Network
Dec 30, 2019

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Neuron Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service