Neuron ESB User Network

The Service Bus for the Connected Business

Hello,

I'm using the Microsoft Active Directory Adapter (a.k.a. "Active Directory Adapter") to query (request-reply) Active Directory using a request similar to:

{
"ActiveDirectory":
{
"Request":
{
"LdapPath": " CN=Marty Wasznicky, CN=Users,DC=AD,DC=Server,DC=com",
"TransactionType": "Get",
"MaxObjectsToReturn": "1"
}
}
}

I would like to only return a one or two attributes.
- mail
- userprincipalname

How do I specify these return attributes for NeuronESB to understand
them and send them?

I've searched Help and the samples. I've research Microsoft for the AD Query and it shows you can specific a list of attributes to return, comma-separated.

I just do not know how to provide this information to Neuron. I've tried many variations with the json.

Jeffery

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not see where it states how to specify attributes to return for an AD Query for NeuronESB using the Microsoft Active Directory Adapter.

Can you point to a part of the document that specifies this?

Thank you.

properties node

Thanks again.  I think we are talking different things.  The "Properties" node specifically indicates it is only for Adding or Editing values (attributes) in AD.

"

• Properties: Contains entries for each attribute that is used to define a new entity or update an existing entity.

"

If it is used for defining which attributes to return for a AD Query, you might consider updating the document or help system to reflect that.

What is the syntax (for NeuronESB) for requesting/specifying the attributes to return from the AD Query?  I'm not asking how to read the "Properties" from the AD response message.

I'm asking how do I submit the AD Query to only return the specified AD attributes in a request.  It is returning hundreds of attributes and I only want a few returned.

What is the -syntax- for the Query Mode to retrieve a specific property(ies)?

Do I put (in json)

"Properties":{ "userprincipalname":"" }

Unfortunately, through extensive testing, it appears this is not possible in NeuronESB.

We can close this post.

• To recap, there is no way to query AD and request specific attributes to be returned to NeuronESB.
  • In Query mode, it appears that NeuronESB receives all of the AD attributes, including the thumbnail image, of a user in active directory.

If someone can show how this is possible, that would be great.

Here is where I halted my exploration:

{
"ActiveDirectory":
{
"Request":
{
"LdapPath": " CN=Marty Wasznicky, CN=Users,DC=AD,DC=Server,DC=com",
"TransactionType": "Get",
"MaxObjectsToReturn": "1",
"Properties":
{
"userprincipalname": ""
}

}
}
}

RSS

Neuron ESB Product Support Forums and Communities

Latest Activity

Anupama Nair posted a discussion

Marketo Adapter Invalid Token

Hi,We are using the Marketo adapter to push account updates to Marketo. It works well for some time then starts failing with Invalid Token unless restarted. Is there a configuration that can be done so it can auto refresh the token when required?Thanks!See More
Nov 6, 2023
Sayantini Basak posted a discussion

Maximum payload size(REST API) for requests interfacing to NeuronESB

I am new to Neuron ESB and in our current scenario,We need to process batch transactions comprising of ~1000 records and send them to Neuron ESB for further processing. I would like to understand what is the maximum size of payload that can be transferred using REST interface to Neuron ESB.See More
Jul 22, 2022
Profile IconRobert E Dunie and Sayantini Basak joined Neuron ESB User Network
Apr 28, 2022
Profile IconDayanand, Frederic C, Steffen Greve-Oksfeldt and 1 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Mar 16, 2022
Profile IconCam Vong and Mitja Luznar joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jan 27, 2022
Profile IconWill Hitzges, Chad Parsons, michael larsen and 4 more joined Neuron ESB User Network
Jun 11, 2021
Anupama Nair posted a discussion

ODBC stored proc polling with temporary tables

We have set up an ODBC adapter to poll a stored proc.We found that if the stored proc has a temporary table defined the rows returned are always 0.Any idea why this would be and what we can do to get around it?See More
Dec 14, 2020
Prasanth Kharade is now a member of Neuron ESB User Network
Dec 30, 2019

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Neuron Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service